Tour to Punjab Itinerary for 7nights / 8 days
By:- R V
- The word Punjab is derived from the two Persian words “Panj” which means “five” and “ab” means “water”, so the combined meaning of the Punjab is the land of five rivers namely – Indus, Ravi, Sutlej, Beas, and Jhelum that flow towards the southeast crossing the entire state.
- The land of Punjab is a land of prehistoric Indus Valley civilization where early settlement of the Aryan race took place on the fertile soil around 1500 BCE.
Day 01 Amritsar
- Arrive Amritsar Airport.
- On arrival meet and greet by our representative who will take you to the hotel.
- Start your city tour with the blessings of Golden Temple-the most important Sikh shrine also known as Harminder Sahib and Durbar Sahib.
- Then visit Jallianwala Bagh- the place that reminds every Indian of the brutal and hearless massacre by British general Dyer.
- Visit Durgiana Temple: – The temple complex houses Shree Laxmi Narayan Mandir with a huge pond on its periphery.
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum in Ram Bagh.
- The landscaped garden with summer palace of Maharaja Ranjit Singh in the center.
- It has a museum with relics of Mughal era and hand drawn sketches and portraits of the ruling Sikhs.
- Afternoon at your leisure for shopping etc.
- Evening we will take you for spa treatment, back to Hotel.
- Overnight at Amritsar Hotel.
Day 02 – Amritsar
- On day 2 leave early morning for Bhakra Dam which is just 2 hours 30 minutes away from Amritsar.
- Having come to Punjab, you should see the Bhakra Nangal Dam.
- Back to Amritsar by 4 o’clock in the evening.
- Evening visit Indo-Pak Wagah Border to watch Flag Retreat Ceremony- Wagah, an army outpost on Indo-Pak border 30 Kms from Amritsar where the daily highlight is the evening “Beating the Retreat” ceremony.
- Soldiers from both countries march in perfect drill, going through the steps of bringing down their respective national flags.
- As the sun goes down, nationalistic fervor rises and lights are switched on marking the end of the day.
- Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 03 – Jalandhar
- Morning drive to Jalandhar on arrival in jalandhar check in hotel.
- Then start your city tour with Pushpa Gujral Science City.
- Science City is being built with its aim of learning, fun & amusement out of Science for people of all ages & all walks of life.
- It will arouse creativity in young minds; help in building a scientific temper in the state, Gurdwara Chhevin Padshahi Guru Hargobind visited the city of Jalandhar during his tour of Doaba area.
- Gurdwara Chhevin Padshahi in Basti Shaikh, Jalandhar city, stands on the spot where Guruji granted interview to a Muslim holy saint popularly known as Shaikh Darvesh, Devi Talab Mandir It is situated in the heart of Jalandhar City.
- The old Devi Talab has been renovated and, in its centre, a new temple has been built.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 04 – Ludhiana
- Morning drive to Ludhiana
- Check in hotel on arrival in Ludhiana
- Visit Sri Dukh Niwaran Sahib is though not a Historic Place, still doing very well in Spreading Sikh Guru’s Message to All Over.
- Ludhiana is an industrial town, but it is having few places for Tourist interest also. Whoever comes here has never gone back without imbibing the essence of Punjab.
- Overnight stay at Ludhiana.
Day 05 – Patiala
- Arrival in Patiala check in hotel.
- Start your tour Qila Mubarak Complex The Qila Mubarak complex stands in 10-acre ground in the heart of the city, and contains the main palace or Qila Androon (literally,’inner fort’), the guesthouse or Ran Baas and the Darbar Hall.
- Sheesh Mahal was built behind the main Moti Bagh Palace to serve as a pleasure complex.
- The paintings in two of its well maintained, mirror-worked chambers are of Kangra and Rajasthani qalam, depicting the poetic visions of Keshav, Surdas and Bihari.
- Gurdwara Dukh Nivaran Sahib: This shrine is situated in what used to be the village of Lehal, now part of Patiala city.
- According to local tradition, supported by an old handwritten document preserved in the Gurdwara, one Bhag Ram, a jhivar of Lehal, waited upon Guru Tegh Bahadur during his sojourn at Saifabad (now Bahadurgarh), and made the request that he might be pleased to visit and bless his village so that its inhabitants could be rid of a serious and mysterious sickness which had been their bane for a long time.
- Overnight stay in Patiala.
Day 06 – Chandigarh
- Start your city tour with Rock Garden which consists of various arts and objects made of industrial and urban waste.
- It is situated in sector-1. The credit of its foundation goes to Dr Nek Chand who was the road inspector in the Engineering department of Chandigarh.
- Then visit to Sukhna Lake that lies in the foothills of shivalik range.
- People visit in the morning to enjoy fresh breeze.
- It serves as a picnic spot and good place for water activities.
- After that visit Rose Garden which is Asia’s largest Rose garden.
- It contains more than 17,000 plants and over 16,000 varieties of roses.
- The venue serves annual rose festival or festival of gardens.
- In the evening enjoy shopping in sector 17 market.
- Back to hotel, overnight stay in Chandigarh hotel.
Day 07 – Anandpur Sahib
- After breakfast, drive to Anandpur Sahib from Chandigarh.
- Check in hotel on arrival to Anandpur sahib.
- It is one of the most important sacred places of the Sikhs and is closely linked with their religious tradition and history.
- It was founded in the year 1664 by ninth guru, Sri Guru Teg Bahadur ji.
- The Guru purchased this site from the ruler of Bilaspur. After that visit Sri Kesgarh Sahib, it is located in the centre of Anandpur Sahib.
- It is also known as Takht Sri Kesgarh Sahib.
- It was the place where Khalsa was born.
- Leave for Pragpur which will take you 1 hour and 18 minutes to reach Pragpur.
- Known as the heritage village of India, Pragpur is part of the Kangra Valley.
- It is the home of the famous Kangra school of painting.
- If you want to truly experience the culture and heritage of India, you should make a trip to Pragpur.
- Overnight Stay at hotel.
Day 08 – Anandpur
- After breakfast, drive back to Chandigarh Airport for your onward/Return Journey.
- AC INDICA: 14000 + 10% = 15400/2 = 7700 PP
- NON AC INDICA: 13000 + 10% = 14300/2 = 7150 PP
- AC SUPPLEMENT: 7700 – 7150 = 550 PP
- BOM – ATQ : 7800 PP
- IXC – BOM : 7200 PP
- TOTAL : 15000 PP
- HOTEL : 21400
- TRANSPORT : 7150
- MARK UP : 5000
- Miscellaneous : 500
- TOTAL : 34050
Cost to be quoted to per passenger = Rs. 34050/-
Tour cost includes
- Accommodation on double room basis.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- All transfers and sightseeing by non-AC Indica car.
- Parking at the airport.
- Breakfast at Amritsar and Anandpur sahib.
- All meals at jalandhar, Ludhiana, Patiala and Chandigarh.
Tour cost doesn’t includes
- Entrance fees.
- Any personal services such as tips, laundry etc.
- Lunch and dinner at Amritsar and Anandpur sahib.
- AC supplement Rs 550 per person.
- Airfare supplement for
(a) Mumbai to Amritsar : 7800 PP
(b) Chandigarh to Mumbai : 7200 PP
“The Spiritual Journey may be over, but the memory, will stay with you forever.”